PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working remotely. However, our office will be reopening in July 2021, and we will resume an in-person work environment.
Your day in this position may include:
- Writing and distributing basic communications materials including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, newsletter content, statements and other press materials.
- Monitoring media and hearings to report coverage for our clients.
- Coordinating basic research requests.
- Creating and maintaining press lists.
- Supporting event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations
- Providing operational support and administrative duties for key accounts such as preparing regular reports / trackers, maintaining online file data bases, scheduling meetings, compiling notes.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues.
- Are able to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Are a team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches.
What we require:
- 1-2 years of relevant communications experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills with a practical understanding of AP style.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Proven strong skills in PowerPoint
- Experience with LexisNexis, Cision, Critical Mention.
We offer competitive compensation with opportunity for a year-end bonus, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a paid maternity leave program and paid vacation and sick leave. In addition, we have a generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities.
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.