Join a team that’s been welcoming guests for more than a century. At Pinehurst our Culture is critical to delivering a consistent guest, member and employee experience. Our Purpose is, “As the Cradle of American Golf, we honor timeless traditions and inspire legendary stories, one smile, one round, one moment at a time.” Our Values are; Genuine Hospitality, Be Trustworthy, Good Stewards and Inspired Innovation. If you’re seeking a heartfelt workplace then Pinehurst is the place for you. Every role contributes to upholding our treasured culture, performs their job duties consistently and handles other job duties as assigned in our ever-changing environment.
This position will lead the development and execution of the Pinehurst email, customer touch point / CRM marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, drive action (room and activity reservations) and enhance customer satisfaction across all prospect and past guest communications touchpoints. Responsible for driving business results (occupancy / ADR / revenue) through the development and implementation of brand building, integrated marketing / communications strategies and tactics. Works closely with customer facing areas across the organization to implement marketing plans to support them in achieving their objectives. Actively manage content on Pinehurst.com and associated websites including initiating improvements as needed, working in tandem with our digital marketing agency. This position will develop reporting to ensure performance is measured and considered for future initiatives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Marketing or Marketing Communications degree preferred
and a minimum of 3 years marketing experience managing a marketing communications process and agencies; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and executing promotional e-mail campaigns, automated trigger e-mails, new customer acquisition e-mail campaigns and transactional e-mails that drive room nights and revenue growth for the resort through retention, cross-sell, up-sell and new customer acquisition
- Creating a comprehensive email marketing plan for year/season/month/week which supports overall digital marketing goals
- Testing of e-mail delivery timing, creative elements, subject lines and different offers to maximize ROI
- Writing excellent email copy including creative headlines and subject lines
- Analyzing and reporting on the results of all e-mail campaigns and test initiatives and providing regular updates on efforts to build our e-mail database
- Working with our CRM and email service provider to develop dynamic content for automated and transactional emails
- Developing initiatives to grow our email database of prospective guests by working with other departments to improve internal e-mail capture and with agency partner and other marketing team members on social media and third-party promotions designed for email acquisition
- Working with email provider to maximize health of the database in order to improve deliverability
- Understanding and segmenting the email database to ensure email content is most relevant to the recipient
- Day-to-day management of content on Pinehurst.com and PinehurstBrewing.com
- Collaborating with the agency on improvements to overall design and functionality of Pinehurst.com
- Proficient in Windows XP and Microsoft Office software applications such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have knowledge of HTML and CSS and email development
- Must have familiarity with WordPress, SquareSpace, email service providers and CRM systems
- Strong written and verbal / presentation communications skills (ability to translate complex data into clear, useable information)
- Strong cross organization collaboration skills – proven ability to build consensus for recommended ideas and projects and work effectively with peers
- Must have attention to detail, a commitment to quality and be results driven and customer focused
- Must have strong proofing skills
- Must feel comfortable writing headlines and newsletter content while maintaining the brand voice and standards
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to easily adapt to organizational and environmental changes
- Ensuring brand consistency and accuracy in all communications
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Regularly sit, walk, stand, talk, reach, see, hear, use fingers and hands. Occasionally lift 10 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Office environment with occasional exposure to outdoor environment.
Pinehurst, LLC reserves the right to transfer any Employee from his/her current job assignment or location to another job assignment or location as needed, either on a temporary or regular basis.