Positions are located in Austin, TX, New York, NY, and Newport Beach, CA.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2021 – June 2022
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Global Wealth Management Analyst if you:
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Have the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Are personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships and interest in client facing career within Finance
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have the ability to multi-task and handle several projects delivering completed work within expected timeline
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- have Finance/capital markets coursework (recommended, not required)
See yourself in U.S Global Wealth Management
Global Wealth Management’s mission is to create industry leading experiences for financial intermediates and their individual investor clients while providing a strong contribution to PIMCO’s overall business results. The PIMCO Global Wealth Management Group is responsible for business strategy and client coverage for the intermediated individual investor segment of the market. Converge includes RIAs, family offices, banks/ brokerage firms, trust banks, platforms and sub-advisory relationships.
GWM- Internal Sales
GWM- Private Client Group
The primary role of the Internal Sales summer intern within U.S. Global Wealth Management at PIMCO is to be a dynamic resource to the team of 70 sales professionals. While executing on sales campaigns, sales research, data analysis and reporting, and marketing responsibilities, you will learn the PIMCO process, products and culture.
The internship provides excellent development and training to prepare for a career as an Internal Account Analyst at PIMCO – a role that includes obtaining FINRA licenses and building and maintaining relationships with Financial Advisor clients.
Your primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients.
You’ll contribute to the PCG team’s key strategic initiatives and campaigns, and support Account Managers on the team with client follow up, meeting preparation, RFPs, and customized due diligence requests.
The US GWM Strategy team oversees strategic sales planning and tactics for PIMCO U.S. Global Wealth Management (“U.S. GWM”) with the goal of maximizing revenues, identifying key business opportunities, and leveraging opportunities where market trends and demands align best with PIMCO’s product strength and expertise.
You’ll support our team to focus on the execution of sales campaigns, sales research, data analysis, and reporting.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early June 2021
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
- Be part of PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, and participate in cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll be part of a formal review process, receiving feedback at mid- and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
- What to learn more? Learn more about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events
How you should apply:
- Applications open July 1, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, an initial resume & cover letter review will be conducted by the hiring team.
- If selected, You’ll be invited to complete a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
- Following first-round interviews, if successful final-round interviews will be held live via WebEx. Interviews will consist of behavioral and technical concepts.