Internship positions are located at PIMCO’s Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2021 – June 2022
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Finance Analyst if you:
- Possess knowledge of accounting, finance, and tax principles
- Have effective analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Have a strong commitment to produce high quality work and attention to detail to ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and timely.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a desire to join a high performance, fast-paced culture
- Are collaborative, organized, flexible, motivated self-starter, innovative, multi-tasker
See yourself as a Finance Analyst
The Finance team is responsible for PIMCO’s financial management, which includes financial planning and analysis, managing risks, accounting and controls, and reporting. PIMCO relies on the Finance team to provide reliable financial analysis and reporting to enable strategic business decisions and initiatives. The Finance team has over 100 professionals globally who provide expertise to operating jurisdictions around the world.
The Finance internship program aims to provide Summer Analysts with a preview of the Finance team and an exposure to financial drivers of the firm, financial operations and accounting, and strategic decision making. The program will provide you with a wide network across Finance as you explore the many facets of the finance operations. Potential areas that interns would work on projects within include Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Accounting, Tax, Client Billing, and partnering with the Executive Office.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2021
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
How you should apply:
Applications open July 1, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers