Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA and New York, NY.
Summer interns will work alongside seasoned Portfolio Managers focusing on financial modeling analysis and special projects in support of the U.S. Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Team’s acquisitions and asset management efforts. U.S. CRE strategy focuses on pursuing opportunistic investments on behalf of PIMCO’s flagship private equity fund BRAVO III. The program will include training, peer mentorship, and participation in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering. Successful interns may receive full time offers with potential for a career track in Portfolio Management.
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Commercial Real Estate Team Overview:
PIMCO currently invests in real estate opportunities primarily through its $4.6 billion BRAVO III fund, and is in the process of realizing its $5.5 billion predecessor fund BRAVO II. The firm’s U.S. real estate team sources, underwrites, and invests in private and public real estate opportunities, including direct real estate, mezzanine financing, commercial mortgage backed securities, and other real estate related investments. The team benefits from a flexible pool of capital with the ability to invest across asset types, geographies, and the capital structure.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early June 2021
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
- Be part of PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, and participate in cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll be part of a formal review process, receiving feedback at mid- and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
- What to learn more? Learn more about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events
How you should apply:
- We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume by October 19th
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, an initial resume & cover letter review will be conducted by the hiring team.
- If selected, You’ll be invited to complete a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
- Following first-round interviews, if successful final-round interviews will be held live via WebEx. Interviews will consist of behavioral and technical concepts.