Communication Intern (any four to six months in 2021)
The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) recognizes the importance of a new generation of public health leaders who have an understanding of global health issues and the role of international organizations in achieving the MDGs and other health issues. In this regard, the PAHO Internship Program trains young and energetic individuals entering the public health field and interested in providing services to the Organization on a voluntary basis, also known as internships/practicums.
- Contribute to the implementation of PAHO’s s communication support to key corporate initiates.
- Support the development of initiatives, campaigns, articles, fact sheets, backgrounders and audio-visual products.;
- Develop communication content for through interviews with personnel from technical and administrative departments, and country offices, participation in meetings and analysis of documents and data;
- Support the management of PAHO’s communication and collaboration platforms;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Very strong writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in English. Working proficiency in Spanish. Bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Enrollment in a graduate or in the senior year of the undergraduate program concentrating in a field relevant to PAHO’s work (communication, journalism, media studies, or, alternatively, public health or comparable program).
- Minimum of 20 years of age.
- Strong knowledge of information technology. Skills with video and photo production and editing a plus.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, team player.
About Pan American Health Organization
Headquarters: 525 23rd Street Northwest, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, United States of America
The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), founded in 1902, is the world’s oldest international public health agency. It provides technical cooperation and mobilizes partnerships to improve health and quality of life in the countries of the Americas. PAHO is the specialized health agency of the Inter-American System and serves as the Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization (WHO). Together with WHO, PAHO is a member of the United Nations system.