The Linus Pauling Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is accepting qualified candidate applications from recent and upcoming PhD
Graduates in Science & Engineering, who wish to conduct research on a project of their choice.
Candidates will be required to submit the following items as one PDF uploaded attachment when applying to this position:
- Cover letter
- Current CV
- Unofficial transcripts
- Statement of Research Plans (including reasoning on why PNNL is a good place to carry out your studies)
- Written Response to EACH of the following questions (please include views from your own research interests as well as a wider scope across your field):
- What is the most interesting/challenging problem in your field today? What intrigues you most about this problem?
- What do you think it will take to solve that problem (do we need to invent new tools, new algorithms, push the bounds of detection limits)? What will it take and how would you propose to engage or participate?
- If that problem were already solved, what would the impact be on you? On science? On society?
Candidates must have received a PhD in 2019 or later or prior to the start of the fellowship from an accredited college or university in a Science or Engineering field related to the mission areas of PNNL. Have submitted the PDF application packet as indicated above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via https://jobs.pnnl.gov/help.stm
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from having any affiliation with the foreign government of a country DOE has identified as a “country of risk” without explicit approval by DOE and Battelle. If you are offered a position at PNNL and currently have any affiliation with the government of one of these countries you will be required to disclose this information and recuse yourself of that affiliation or receive approval from DOE and Battelle prior to your first day of employment.
Closing Date: 2021-11-16
Job ID: 312400