The Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA) announces the opening of the full-time exempt position titled Major Gifts and Planned Giving Manager in their development department. Friends of OETA seek a Major Gifts and Planned Giving Manager to be responsible for raising funds from philanthropic donors to support the organization’s mission and operations. The ideal candidate is goal oriented and brings an authentic, donor-centric mindset to the table. The Major Gifts and Planned Giving Manager will represent the values, programming, and impact of OETA. The most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The position will report to the Director of Development and will work very closely with core team members across the organization. The primary function of the Major Gifts and Planned Giving Manager is to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and planned gift prospects and donors.
- Demonstrate a passion for the importance and power of OETA’s mission to provide essential educational content and services that inform, inspire, and connect Oklahomans to ideas and information that enrich our quality of life.
- Be the bridge between OETA’s needs and major donors’ interests and passions.
- Possess the ability to speak proficiently on varied content and program topics including education, the arts, Oklahoma stories, local journalism, and current affairs.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a dynamic and comprehensive major gifts/planned giving strategy for Friends of OETA.
- Manage and develop new and meaningful relationships with a portfolio of donors who meet the financial threshold for philanthropic giving at Friends of OETA.
- Work with the Director of Development to qualify donors and develop individual moves management plans based on industry standards.
- Maintain a calendar for the Friends of OETA major donor/planned giving program, including scheduling appointments, coordinating assignments, and managing tasks.
- Plan and execute direct mail solicitations for the major gifts/planned giving program including monthly major donor renewals, monthly major donor/planned gift acknowledgements, and an annual planned giving outreach campaign.
- Manage Friends of OETA’s major donor club, the Producer’s Club.
- Work with finance department and financial partners on major gift/planned giving reconciliation.
- Assist with occasional events that pertain to the major giving and planned giving program.
- Achieve annual fundraising goals and assist with meeting departmental goals.
- Document and record all activities within Friends of OETA’s CRM.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Philanthropy, Business, Communications, or related field of study.
- At least two – three years of fundraising experience with a proven track record of successfully soliciting and closing philanthropic gifts over $1,000.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in donor databases, prospect research and other wealth screening tools to aid in the moves management process.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to meet performance goals.
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time, across the entire state of Oklahoma.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Familiar with PBS programming.
- Be authentic.
$55,000 – $65,000 annually. A generous benefit package including health, leave, retirement, and more is included.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, application and resume to OETA, Human Resources, P.O. Box 14190, Oklahoma City, OK 73113, (405) 848-8501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available online at OETA. tv or in person at 7403 N. Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City.
OETA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.