Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 28 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms. As one of the fastest growing accounting firms in the nation, the firm offers significant growth opportunities for employees. A focus on providing excellent service for clients has made Novogradac & Company a recognized leader in real estate and community development.
Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
Dare to be different? Are you looking to follow the herd or do you see yourself as a trail blazer? If you’re ready to chart new territory maybe it’s time to launch your professional career with a unique and well paid, full-time position at Novogradac & Company LLP.
Under close supervision, the Staff Accountant will complete a variety of tax, audit and other assignments as designated by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Complete tax and/or audit engagements for designated clients as directed by your Supervisor or Manager
- Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements
- Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to principals and partners
- Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exhibit a basic understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail, organization and follow through
- Ability to work under close supervision and accept constructive feedback, making adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment with both colleagues and clients
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word & Excel) and report writing tools
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Adhere to internal Firm deadlines (time entry)
- Able to contribute ideas and add value to designated team
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs, and to travel
- domestically if required
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance and up to 1 year of experience in public accounting or 1-3 years of experience in an internal accounting role, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. Ability to sit for the CPA exam or passed sections of the CPA exam is a plus.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
Novogradac & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.