When you join our financial representative career, you’ll be supported by a team of people in one of our local network offices that will:
- Help you master our personalized planning process to provide financial solutions tailored to each client’s needs over his or her lifetime.
- Build a business from the ground up with support from mentors and training tools
- Help you build on your classroom learning and develop lifelong skills.
Our training program will help you:
- Begin on your understanding of our Sales Cycle starting with Approach, Factfinding, Preparation, Presentation, Follow-Through, Prospecting and Telephoning.
- Build a foundation of knowledge in finance, insurance and sales concepts that will help you succeed in providing financial security to your clients.
- Develop a client base and work to build a successful practice, with support from your office colleagues and the company. At Northwestern Mutual, you’ll work for yourself but never by yourself.
You’ll be rewarded with:
- Real-life experiences while earning performance-based compensation. Northwestern Mutual provides an attractive reimbursement program for professional studies that lead to a professional designation for interns who go full time.
- Participation in one of America’s Top 25 programs which will confirm you are a strong candidate for any future educational or professional opportunity, including a career at Northwestern Mutual.
Specifically, a Post-Graduate will:
- Acquire Life and Accident license in the state of PA (company sponsored)
- Meet with prospective clients daily to assess financial needs and goals, including thorough factfinding to submit adequate application to home office underwriting team
- Work with mentor to develop financial planning recommendations and strategies for the prospective client
- Track daily activity including dialing, meetings kept, and introductions
- Build and maintain own book of business through high activity, including prospecting
- Build product and industry knowledge through continuous exposure to wealth management advisors, face to face client meetings and joint work
- Participate in ongoing training as assigned, including role-playing exercises to develop communication skills, language mastery and sales knowledge
- Work with College Unit Directors/Mentors centered around accountability, including weekly check-in’s building into overall activity expectations
We have a year-round program and offer 3 classes: