GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The Clinical Practice Lead/ RN is a professional registered nurse, licensed in the State of Maine. The incumbent will provide clinical oversight to the clinical support staff in their designated practice(s) and/or department(s). Direct patient care within the RN scope of practice will be performed in order to maintain clinical competency, as determined by practice needs. The RN will serve as a role model to the clinical staff; utilizing effective communication, consistently adhering to A.R. Gould Standards of Behavior and policies; demonstrating safe, competent, and compassionate care to the patient/family.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and competency in the provision of nursing care appropriate to the patient population served by the designated practice(s) and/or department(s).
2. Responsible for clinical/administrative duties, including, but not limited to, clinical staff scheduling, oversight of clinical staffs’ orientations and education, development of individualized clinical action plans and coaching as needed, staff’s annual competencies, and fostering staff’s professional growth; under the guidance of the Director of Clinical Services.
3. Assists the practice manager with the interviewing, hiring, and disciplinary processes.
4. Responsible for the development, implementation, revision and reporting of the clinical Performance Improvement activities appropriate to the practice(s)/department(s).
5. Will be an active participant on the Policy and Procedure committee; utilizing evidenced-based-practice to improve patient care, practice flow, and meet regulatory requirements essential to achieve a consistently high standard of patient care.
6. Responsible for ensuring the clinical environment is in compliance with JCAHO and Maine state regulations.
7. Responsible for identifying the need for, supporting, and assisting in the development/administration of continued education for clinical support staff. Also recognizes the importance of professional development and growth for self; seeking out appropriate clinical/leadership educational opportunities.
8. Comply with all mandatory educational offerings, Healthstream assignments, and attend all meetings as scheduled (unless excused by practice manager and/or Director of Clinical Services).
9. Role model commitment to the philosophy and objectives of ARG’s Mission, Vision, Strategic Plan, and Service Excellence
10. Maintain a safe environment for healthcare workers,patients, and/or visitors complying with NLH policies and procedures; review, document and address all incidents and safety violations within area ofresponsibility; report all lost time due to reported work injuries within 24 hours to local HR BP or Safety contact; support and facilitate open and non-punitive communication among NLH employees, non-employed healthcare workers, patients and visitors, reporting and addressing patient and environmental safety concerns.