NIT is looking for a Rehab Technician for our Des Moines, Iowa location.
This position requires approximately 20 hours per week in the Des Moines area and has the potential to grow to a full time 30-hour position in March but would require traveling to Des Moines, Ames, Ankeny and Indianloa. (Travel time is paid along with milage reimbursement).
Hours flexible – can be 5 day per week with 4-5 hour shifts or 3 days a week longer shifts
We would need the at least 3 days a week Mon-Fri
This is an entry-level position
- assist with intake paperwork for patients
- clerical audit of records/documentation to ensure compliance with company requirements filing records/documents
- insurance verifications
- scheduling patients and therapists
- assist with therapy room – cleaning, in between patients, cleaning work area and equipment
- supply restocking and tracking
- may transport patients to the therapy area
- high school diploma or GED
- good communication skills
- strong work ethic
- computer use – need to know how to use a computer, programs, etc to be able to navigate the optima system
- attention to detail – not to miss anything on patient charts
- general knowledge of medical terms is helpful (like a CNA or something helps to have medical terminology)
- strong work ethic – able to complete a lot of work in a busy environment and keep tabs on things going on
- ability to work well with a team
- adaptable to a busy environment
- good interpersonal skills – must be able to connect well with therapists, patients, facility staff
- good time management skills – to be a self-starter, prioritize, stay organized – organization is KEY for a good RT
Job Type: Part-time with the potential to grow to full time.