We are looking for a Web Design intern to join our team. Throughout the work term, you will be focused on designing mobile, tablet and web applications, allowing you to work in tandem with our creative, development and project management teams.
Night Owls is an award-winning creative boutique web and application development agency based in New York City. We specialize in building user-friendly and custom websites, web application, and mobile applications.
We are looking for an ambitious and web-savvy intern college senior or recent graduate with web design experience for starting for 4-6 months DOE internship. This is an unpaid internship, we are more than willing to fill out any paperwork necessary to provide school credit. Full Time hours available, 40 hrs/wk, M-F or Part Time minimum hours 24-32 hrs/wk,. We nurture an environment where team members help each other and learn from each other. Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume and links to sites you have worked on (must have portfolio to be consideration). Please do not call or e-mail us directly – Please understand that only selected applicants will be contacted.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
– Conceive and create high-quality designs in mobile and web
– Create memorable interactive experiences
– You’ll work iteratively: developing ideas from sketches and graphics to prototypes
– Collaborate with development teams to create clean and intuitive designs
– Learn about emerging design trends, standards and technology
-Support the Creative Director and staff on website templates, banner executions and email layouts
Conceptual design execution for new website, banner and email projects
-Understanding user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability best practices and responsive design
-Responsible for seeing the project through from initial kick-off to the project launch, participating in internal reviews and the QA/testing steps
-Office Administration assistance
Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume and links to sites you have worked on (must have portfolio to be consideration). Please do not call or e-mail us directly – Please understand that only selected applicants will be contacted.
– An extremely clean, functional design aesthetic
– A strong understanding of grid systems, composition and color, with a keen eye for typography, and meticulous attention to detail
– Ability to work with the design and development team to understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to the user interface
– Passion for current design trends and technologies and a desire to communicate this knowledge across the team
-Experience with Sketch is a plus