The NSLC is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals who enjoy working with high school students and have experience in the academic fields of our programs, leadership development, residential life, and/or office administration.
The Social Media Coordinator supervises and generates content for social platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, and WordPress to capture moments of a student’s NSLC experience for family, friends, and parents at home. The SMC works for the whole summer at an NSLC campus (to review this year’s dates, please visit www.nslcleaders.org/programs/dates-locations).
As an SMC, you will:
- Shoot and edit Daily Video Blogs for different programs
- Collect and upload photographs for Flickr
- Manage and update a WordPress Site
- Work with the Social Media Strategist to capture content for marketing materials
- Work closely with On-site Administration
- Perform occasional office tasks
- Social Media Coordinators are generally current college sophomore – seniors or above. Graduate students are welcome to apply.
- 2+ years of video editing experience on Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, or a similar advanced video editing software
- 2+ years of photography experience
- Basic knowledge of lighting, sound, and color correction
- URL link to demo reel
- Good aesthetic eye for capturing content
Compensation: In addition to room, board and travel, SMC’s will receive a stipend throughout the summer.
NSLC sites are located on college and university campuses around the United States and internationally. Summer 2021 sites include:
- American University (Washington, District of Columbia)
- Georgetown University (Washington, District of Columbia)
- Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tennessee)
- University of California, Los Angeles (Los Angeles, California)
- University of Washington (Seattle, Washington)
- Fordham University (New York, New York)
- Georgia Tech (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Rice University (Houston, Texas)
If you are interested in applying for this position at one of our Summer 2021 sites and have read the job description and requirements, you will need to complete an online application on our website externally. After receiving and reviewing your application, qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.