This position receives on-the-job training as a field examiner. The training assignments prepare you to manage, supervise, and conduct examinations for a district of federal and federally-insured state credit unions.
Credit Union Examiners plan, conduct, and complete examinations of federally insured and federally chartered credit unions. This includes analyzing credit union data to identify areas of concern, persistency of previous problems, and risk to the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). Some examinations are completed independently by an examiner while other examinations require working as part of a team.
Credit Union Examiners at the CU-7 and CU-9 level are considered developmental positions. Individuals in these positions work under the close supervision of a Supervisory Examiner and are in a robust training program that includes:
· classroom training covering accounting, communications, credit union operations, examination procedures, analysis techniques, and administrative subjects;
· hands-on experience working with an on-the-job (OJT) trainer within his/her assigned district of credit unions;
· reading assignments pertaining to the laws, regulations, policies and directives which govern the operation of federal and federally insured credit unions;
· on-line training modules; and
· progressively responsible work assignments.