Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America’s largest Kenworth truck dealership and leasing group. As MHC Truck Leasing continues to grow, we have an opening for a Management Trainee – Leasing. The role of the Management Trainee – Leasing is to develop the skills and talents towards providing quality transportation solutions to our commercial customers and potential future leadership positions within MHC Truck Leasing. Training and skill development will be hands on focused in the rental and leasing areas. Coordinates rental activities in accordance with proper procedures for the branch with focus on sales support and driving new sales opportunities for all product lines. May assist in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the efforts of the Rental Department in the accomplishment of the business plan objectives with the focus on becoming qualified to move into a Rental Manager’s position.
- Prepare Sales Proposals for new and existing Rental customers. Leads may be generated by direct mailers, conducts in-person cold calls, as well as rental solicitation calls.
- Manage location fleet and execute rental contracts to meet daily reservations.
- Work closely with Service Department to ensure that customer communication is consistent.
- Make weekly sales/telesales prospecting calls.
- Ensures all Branch units have the required licenses, permits, and identification required to operate legally and timely resulting in no lost revenue.
- Timely collect, audit, and prepare Driver Trip Records related to rental units in accordance with procedure.
- Checks in and out rental trucks, conducts daily lot checks, and ensures the fleet is ready and presentable to potential customers.
- Completes rental reports rental billing daily and when scheduled. Obtains current mileage and receives written approval when estimates are quoted.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.