Participates in the Bank’s Technology Development Program (TDP) designed to develop in-depth technical skills within a specific discipline, prior to completing a series of rotations within multiple Technology departments to gain a wider understanding of all Technical disciplines and continue to grow within the specific discipline.
- Mentor with experienced technology staff to develop in-depth technical skills in a specific technical discipline such as Application Development, Engineering, Architecture, Operations or Cybersecurity.
- Complete a series of rotations, over a set time frame, in multiple technical disciplines beyond original discipline, to gain a broader understanding of them, how they are utilized at the Bank and how they work together to deliver solutions and services to internal and external customers.
- Determine post-deployment assignment in one of the core areas through career path design, performance, assessment and interest.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Bank’s Technology Development Program is a rotational training program for Bachelor degreed individuals in a technical discipline. The Program is designed with flexibility to shape the jobholder’s career and expand their career objectives. The Program offers a combination of career planning, technical and competency-based training mentor-ship with challenging assessments designed to accelerate one’s career with the Bank.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- Demonstrated experienced with an Information Technology discipline, such as Data Networking, Application Development, Platform Operating Systems, Database, Data Analytics or Information Security
- Understanding of hardware configurations and software concepts in the current environment and future technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaborative focus
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, database and presentation software
- Authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time permanent basis without additional sponsorship
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills in one or more pertinent languages
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.2
- Project management skills
- Experience from technology internships