Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tour Outfitter is seeking a qualified person to manage our Moab office and Front Desk team. The ideal candidate is an adaptable team player with a positive attitude who is willing to work both indoors and outdoors performing a variety of tasks to keep the office running smoothly and provide a positive experience to all guests! This position works closely with our Marketing and Operations teams in Durango, CO, and Moab, UT. The ideal candidate will display excellent communication skills and demonstrate a desire to learn further about business, marketing, and/or communications field skills. Candidates must be willing to work 40 hours per week, including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours has been the Southwest’s adventure and whitewater experts for over 25 years. Started by Molly & Alex Mickel, Mild to Wild has grown from a small booth in downtown Durango, to running trips all over Arizona, Utah, & Colorado. With the addition of Adventure Bound USA in 2018, Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours expanded to open an office in Moab, UT, and run multi-day trips on legendary river sections such as Gates of Lodore, Yampa, Desolation Canyon, & Cataract Canyon. Mild to Wild is thrilled to carry on the nearly 70 year legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions. Our mission is to enrich our guests’ lives with an escape in the outdoors creating a deeper connection with nature, family, and new friends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop clear lines of communication and responsibility within the team.
- Manage both backend and frontend sales, including retail, cash balancing, making bank runs, monitoring cameras, and more.
- Work with the management and sales team located in Durango, Co to create the perfect guest experience from the initial sales contact to when they are leaving our office after a successful trip.
- Guide your team on best practices for productivity, communication skills, and more.
- Act as a role model and leader within the office.
- Motivate, manage, and coach the team.
- Drive consistency in terms of providing guests the best customer experience possible.
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramping up new team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Exemplify extreme ownership and accountability over your role.
- Analyze metrics and performance of the team to identify areas for coaching.
- Communicate and coordinate reservations & updates with the sales team.
- Order lunches for required trips.
- Organization of guest required documentation.
- Work directly with the Multi-Day Guide Manager to organize multi-day trip orientations.
- Be well versed and use our interoffice communication and task management tools (Slack, Jive, Asana, Dropbox, etc).
- Assist with guide scheduling, and leave daily guidelines (a daily schedule system).
- Ensure all surveillance cameras are operating. Help watch them.
- Assist in scheduling office staff, covering the hours in a cost-effective way, minimizing office expenses, and maximizing office staff productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven sales experience and track record.
- Live in or are planning to live in Moab, Utah.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to motivate a team, monitor productivity, and lead by example.
- Able to easily multi-task and work on multiple projects with the same deadlines,
- Displays excellent communication and writing skills.
- The desire to improve and grow with the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, with an ability to resolve complex issues with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with great attention to detail and knowledge of current digital trends.
- Willing to abide by the policies and procedures of Mild to Wild.
- Conduct reviews of office staff and set goals.
- Hire start date as early as March with a commitment through at least November 1st (Hire and end dates are flexible to accommodate school scheduled).
- 2+ year commitment to Mild to Wild
Compensation & Benefits:
- Pay: starts at $15.00
- Go on Mild to Wild daily trips for free, and one multi-day trip.
- Join a winning team with opportunities for growth
- Access pro-deal discounts on outdoor gear
- Qualify for Simple IRA after 12 months of employment
- Paid 1-week vacation
- Attend 1-2 Outdoor Conferences/year.