Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group is seeking a Senior Data Analyst that will provide analytical and consulting support to MAPMG Leadership in making strategic decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing, and reporting data. This may entail working with our data systems to pull information, analyzing the information, and presenting the data to various leaders around our medical office buildings. Supports and prepares comprehensive analyses, operational and financial reports with written summaries to organizational leadership.
This position may temporarily begin 100% remote due to COVID-19 and will eventually be based in our Rockville, Maryland regional office with the ability to continue to work remotely a few days a week.
- Performs descriptive and/or in-depth analysis for problem solving and to help decision making, by extracting, cleaning, summarizing, tabulating and formatting data using tools such as SQL, SAS.
- Participate in and/or lead projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned and manages multiple internal and external
- Perform data analysis and provide consultative and advisory recommendations to service area leaders to support data requirements for strategic operational and financial decisions.
- Prepares departmental and/or state required reports related to health care quality improvement initiatives including HEDIS.
- Collaborate with front line staff to generate analysis and solution for effective patient outreach.
- Developing complex clinical reports, including but not limited to utilization, performance and efficiency relevant to Patient Care.
- Develop and automate reports using SQL, SAS, Excel and visual analytics using Tableau.
- Conduct ongoing user education and provides management consultation on the use and interpretation of analyses, reports, methodologies and source data and systems.
- Participates in the planning and development of service area, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- Demonstrate leadership and willingness to teach others and learn.
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of data analysis experience is required
- Highly proficient with SQL(Teradata/Oracle), PC SAS, Tableau and Excel is required
- Working knowledge of EPIC (Clarity) data systems preferred
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of multiple large databases or data warehouses required
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We value our diversity and E/O/E M/F/D/V.