Under the guidance of appropriate Lab Channel team members, our intern will develop programs to grow the Laboratory Business Area via the support of the Lab Distribution channels.
Examples of these sales channel partners are listed below:
- Tier I sales channel partners:
- Fisher Scientific
- VWR International
- Tier II sales channel partners:
- Midland Scientific
- Industrial market sales channel partners
Sales energy and a very strong work ethic are essential for this position. The Lab Channel Intern needs to be capable of articulating the METTLER TOLEDO strategy, conveying the METTLER TOLEDO value proposition and working closely with the Lab Area Distribution Managers and National Distribution Manager to support the initiatives for the Lab Distribution Channels. This individual will also work closely with the Lab Marketing organization and Lab Field Sales organization to further support and assist with Lab Distribution efforts.
This position requires discipline in utilizing time and sales management skills for priority setting. Individual needs to be able to think strategically about the different markets and effectively communicate the strategy with the various distribution partners and/or customers.
Individual must be good at problem resolution and have strong analytical abilities. This position will require good listening skills and creative thinking. Diplomacy and patience will be critical personal traits. Relationship building is a core competency required for this position.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Must be pursuing a (Sophomore, Junior, or Senior) Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university. Applicable fields of study include Marketing, Communications, Business or Engineering.
- Proficient-to-advanced M/S Office skills including Excel, Access (or other database) Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use presentation skills is also beneficial for the delivery of logistical and informational aspects of training.
- Excellent follow-through, ability to meet deadlines, decision making and multi-tasking skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Initiative/self-motivation and creativity
OUR OFFER TO YOU
- A quality internship experience with impactful assignments
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
ABOUT METTLER TOLEDO
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world’s laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh – from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.