We are looking for highly-skilled linguists to help develop and expand Siri’s international
The ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with language data and the
ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data. Excellent grammatical
skills in the target language and transliteration to Latin script (if relevant) are essential.
Must be highly organized, extremely collaborative, and able to drive issues
to resolution across a variety of teams.
• Preparing and auditing data test sets.
• Evaluating, labeling, vetting output, and providing informed feedback.
• Proposing relevant dictionary content and meta-content.
• Writing guidelines and instructions for vendors or junior linguists.
• Auditing vendor work- bug reporting, monitoring, and resolution.
• Identifying tools and process enhancements.
• Working cross-functionally with linguists and engineers.
• Degree in Linguistics and/or equivalent experience
• Native-level fluency in target language
• Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
• Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis,
• translation, review)
• Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and ability to use it to inform data analysis
• Good organization, proven ability to manage priorities
• Solid analytical skills, attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Experience using macOS and/or iOS software
• Experience in software quality assurance and testing
• Knowledge of internationalization and localization
• Software translation, natural language translation and computational linguistic