ME&A is seeking a Business Development Intern to support the business development team with research and administrative duties throughout the proposal process. The Business Development Intern is an integral member of the ME&A New Business Development team and will contribute to the business development process and the production of winning proposals that enable the organization to grow strategically. S/he will be confident and service-oriented and will have the ability to assist with overall team management including projections and tracking and with proposal-specific duties to drive the proposal process in coordination with the proposal managers.
- Support research in support of proposal development, including competitive landscape analyses, partnership analyses, and technical research.
- Support proposal managers and coordinators in the review of solicitation documents to create comprehensive outlines and compliance matrices
- Organize proposal team meetings, including ensuring logistics are in place and equipment is working in advance
- Support recruitment for proposals, including preparation of scopes of work and posting ads, screening CVs, ensuring collection of personnel documentation, and formatting and writing CVs and personnel summaries
- Support the team to collect, track, and compile support documents for proposals, including partner documents
- Support proposal production, paying close attention to detail for copy editing and formatting in accordance with ME&A quality standards
- Assist writing teams with desk research and drafting proposal sections as agreed
- Organizing logistics for and processing paperwork for consultants
- Drafting capacity statements and other marketing materials to share with USAID and potential partners
- Representing ME&A at conferences, workshops, meetings, and other industry gatherings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong organizational, writing, formatting, and presentation skills
- Experience working with an international development organization, preferably supporting proposal writing
- Experience working and living in a developing country
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.