What is a Maverick?
If you describe someone as a Maverick, you mean that they are unconventional and independent, and do not think or behave in the same way as other people.
Sound like you? Then, you might be a great fit for the below role!
Maverick Transport Inc. is looking for motivated individuals who are up for a challenge and want to create their own success. The transportation-logistics industry is constantly changing; therefore, our employees must be determined, possess attention to detail and be versatile in skills.
We are a 3rd party company, or “the middleman”, where we connect customer needs with carrier solutions. We specialize in vans, flatbeds, containers, warehousing, LTL, heavy haul, and specialized services. Where there is a need, we have a solution.
As we expand our company, we are always searching for talented individuals. Check out our company and fill out a contact form below if you think this may be the career for you!
As an Inside Sales Representative you will focus on expanding Maverick’s current customer base by helping customers move their product in the most cost-effective way possible. You will have the opportunity to sell Maverick’s services to the customer, but to also continually service those customers’ ever-growing transportation needs. Being team-centric, yet individually driven will be essential to your success.
- Making a minimum of 75 cold calls per day for any sales rep with no existing book of business
- Outbound calls for a sales rep with a book of business will vary between cold calls and warm touches depending on the book of business
- Enter and log all your communication into TURVO
- Create reminders and appointments in TURVO to call on Customers as per the assigned schedule. A schedule for a minimum of 2-4 weeks should be booked for a daily plan. You should be reviewing your account reps daily plan DAILY
- Securing a minimum of 2 orders per day or 10 for the week, this would be expected during your 4th -6 th month
- Securing a minimum of 4 orders per day or 20 for the week, this would be expected during your 7th-9th month
- Bringing in $2,250 Gross Net Profit from new business each month after their 3rd month in a sales role
- Utilizing the 3 in 10 rule for any new customer (3 touches in 10 days once their first delivery is completed)
- Update customer notes in TURVO daily
- Work with Account Specialist and Op’s team to ensure our customers’ needs are being met at a HIGH level
- Utilizing the quote templates provided in order to get the most accurate information
- Work with Account Specialist on the existing accounts you have assigned to them, ensure you are holding them accountable.
- Balance rate requests between, You, your Account Specialist, and Ops
- Set timelines on rate requests that are sent to Ops to ensure everyone is on the same page
- A winning attitude and determination to succeed
- Willingness to go above and beyond for our customers
- Strong negotiation skills – persuasiveness, aggressiveness, confidence
- Self-driven with a desire to succeed
- Ability to think creatively to find solutions
- Prior sales, operations or customer service experience preferred
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and other Modern Office Technology
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, supply chain, transportation and logistics or similar field is a plus
These are the basic guidelines that will help you meet your goals. There is always more that you can do and be as creative as you want to make as many sales as possible. The guidelines above will help you achieve your sales goals and will provide a structure for you to be successful.