L&T Technology Services is a global leader in providing World Class engineering and technology solutions to our customers representing nearly every industry throughout North America and around the world. Our mission is to continue to drive our sustained growth as we delight our portfolio of over 200 clients around the globe. We have a proud heritage of providing our services with the highest levels of quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and velocity – all at a value that provides one of the industry’s best R.O.I. We are seeking a recent graduate to join our growing team as we train and develop your skills and abilities on the tools, technologies, and skills that are the most in-demand in this rapidly advancing environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Engineer in Training will work in a high velocity and dynamic environment with a focused approach to quality, efficiency, and innovation. As an ideal candidate for this role, you will possess exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborate well with a team of diverse, cross-functional stakeholders at various levels of the organization – onsite, remote, and offshore. In this role, you will contribute through your work products, support other team members, and accept support as one agile team. You will embrace your passion for learning and reflect that to peers through opportunities to lead, mentor, coach, and develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others. Our organizational culture sets a high standard of expectations for integrity, honesty, consistency in all that we do while striving to continuously raise the bar and improve our delivery and service whenever, and wherever possible.
- Learn best practices, tools, and standards from senior engineers and project teams
- Contribute through collaboration or independent work on projects related to research, development, design, prototyping, testing, validation, documentation, integration, and manufacture of components and systems in one or more of these industries – Aerospace, Defense, Truck & Off-Highway, Automotive, Rail, Industrial Products, Consumer Packaged Goods, Consumer Electronics, and more
- Conduct scientific and data-driven analysis of concepts and designs to identify constraints, issues, and defects and perform problem-solving and troubleshooting to devise solutions and changes to minimize or eliminate these issues
- Learn the capabilities and functionality of various software tools related to current market demands and project requirements and gain experience utilizing these tools in real-world and professional applications
- Develop your professional network and build relationships through collaboration and completion of projects with senior engineers, industry experts, and leadership groups at some of the most recognized brands in the United States
- Complete projects in various subdisciplines such as power generation, power transmission, power distribution, power electronics, control engineering, electronics, wire harness design, harness routing, signal processing, telecommunications, instrumentation,
- Gain understanding and exposure to cutting edge technologies one or more area of research such as micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), electric propulsion, signal processing, nanoelectronics, FPGA, control engineering, smart grid, HVDC, building automation, battery management
Tools & Technologies Utilized
In your training program, you will learn a multitude of tools and technologies relevant to current market trends and demands for the electrical/electronics engineering competency. You will have the opportunity to gain professional exposure on many of the tools, technologies, and standards listed below:
- CAD Software: AutoCAD | Inventor | CATIA | SolidWorks | NX | Creo
- PLM Software: Actran | DELMIA | Rational | Teamcenter | Tekla | Windchill
- Schematics & Routing: ProHarness | SW Routing | Mentor CHS | Creo Cabling
- EDA Software: Altium | Cadence | Lauterbach | ModelSim | National Instruments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
A qualified candidate does not have to meet all of the requirements for knowledge and experience listed here however you should have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of each point gained through real-world training and work experience.
Travel – expensed by the company – may be required in some project circumstances. If selected, you should have no restrictions on the ability to travel to domestic destinations to train, develop, and complete project tasks at our delivery centers and the client sites.
- Above all else, you must have an innated desire to learn and to embrace your curiosity to push the boundaries of what is possible to continuously innovate and improve
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Power Engineering, or a related field of study
- Previous internship or coop experience will make you stand out
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly as well as apply these concepts accurately in an evolving and agile work environment
- Ability to organize, schedule, and plan your work day effectively to ensure that project goals and deadlines are met
- Ability to work in an adaptive and flexible team based environment and actively collaborate on projects
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
What is it like to be a part of L&T Technology Services? Ask any of our more than 12,000 employees, and they will tell you that when you join L&T, you will discover true freedom. You will enjoy the power to create. You will feel the passion to deliver. You will be able to develop and demonstrate the traits of a great leader. We believe that one of the most crucial components to personal, professional, and organizational growth is creating an environment where failures create learning opportunities and mark the way towards continued improvement. In this philosophy, we have created an environment where you can fail gracefully and learn from that failure so that you can continue to experiment, raise the bar, and discover exciting new solutions to long-standing challenges. It is in this environment that our culture has grown and continues to thrive on open collaboration and creativity, built upon a foundation rich with the traditions of hard work, integrity, empathy, and accountability.
As a full-time employee of L&T Technology Services, you will enjoy many great perks. During a recent internal poll, our employees favorited the following perks and rewards:
- Top-tier training and development programs, career planning, career mapping, and certification opportunities
- Strong focus on creating an environment that promotes a solid work-life balance through paid leave and vacation time, paid personal business days, paid holidays, and paid family leave
- Fun, collaborative, and energetic work environment
- Dedication to our communities through active networking, volunteering, and philanthropic giving
- Paid relocation, paid travel, and paid sponsorship of technical memberships and affiliations
- Tuition assistance programs for those continuing their education
- Expertly driven support for immigration services and sponsorship for employment in the United States
- Industry leading comprehensive benefits package including insurance, legal assistance, patent assistance, retirement planning, investment accounts, long-term and short-term disability coverage, and company sponsored life insurance policy
So now that you are ready to start your career – your journey begins with your first step. Embrace your curiosity. Curiosity discovered gravity. Curiosity defied gravity through the invention of human flight. Curiosity pushed the boundaries of reality through the breathtaking achievement when humanity set forth in exploration and habitation of space. Each and every day the pace of discovery accelerates, while the obstacles that stand in the way of innovation are removed more rapidly than ever before. We are becoming a more connected and virtual world. As you stand on the edge of this new frontier of possibilities – what will be your spark? Where can we go next? Working together, how can we build a better tomorrow? Find out today – start your journey to join L&T Technology Services and together we can #EngineerTheChange