Purpose of Role:
Enterprise Promotions Strategy and Execution:
Working with cross-functional stakeholders in merchandising and marketing, the primary purpose of this role to lead a team of managers and analysts to the development, support, communication, and execution of promotional strategies and to support senior merchandising leadership to achieve their financial and operational goals. This will include development and communication of financial insights, measures of success, and data driven decision making processes aligned with the Lowe’s greater enterprise strategy. In addition, they will work with software vendors and leadership in Analytics FP&A, IT, Merchandising Operations and other teams to effectively measure, optimize and innovate promo strategies, tools, models and analytics.
Under Strategic Initiatives, the primary purpose of the role is to identify and lead key projects that drive forward strategic priorities for Lowe’s, including but not limited to, promotional effectiveness and forecasting, vendor funds tracking, governance, change management, and others. This role is charged with understanding customers’ values, business strategies and determining optimal approaches for meeting their needs. Each project will be tailored to achieve the desired goals. This position will support the Hardlines area of business.
- Provides leadership to all business units and leverages specialized knowledge within Finance to identify areas of opportunity and risk, leading to financial recommendations to executive management.
- Provides strategic financial insights, analysis, and recommendations as inputs to decision making, and supports the creation of capabilities to support the creation of those insights and analytics.
- Combines understanding of Lowe’s business needs across and into specific business units with knowledge of promotional best practices and strategies to continuously improve Pricing and Promotional COE and merchandising operating models with respect to promotions through special projects, change management, and other transformative initiatives.
- Analyzes business problems to identify alternative courses of action through reporting and analysis to executive management.
- Responsible for the deliverables of the finance team, regular reporting and analytics, forecasting and budgeting.
- Develops and maintains relationships to influence strategic and business decisions.
- Leads and develops a team to ensure financial best practices are implemented and followed, financial results are accurately recorded, reported and analyzed to identify insights for decision making.
- Communicates, engages and trains business partners to ensure appropriate financial insights and opportunities are understood.
- Identifies risks/opportunities and provides input on recommendations to address.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other quantitative field
- 10+ years’ experience in a finance or analytical role
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- 7+ years’ experience in a finance or analytical role
- 7+ years’ experience in financial analysis, accounting, modeling and strategy consulting for business
- 7+ years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- 5+ years demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership (VP and above)