The Victory Congressional Fellowship (VCF) brings one outstanding young professional to Washington, DC, for an intensive leadership program. Now in its seventh year, the program includes:
- A year-long fellowship in the office of a co-chair of the LGBT Equality Caucus supporting the Executive Director of the LGBT Equality Caucus
- An educational and leadership development program to learn about the legislative process and careers in policy-making
In December, the fellow will attend the Victory Institute’s annual International LGBTQ Leadership Conference for three days of training, skills building, networking and discussion alongside hundreds of openly LGBTQ leaders in government, politics, advocacy, business and community organizations.
The fellowship prepares young LGBTQ professionals to become informed decision-makers and influential leaders who can change their communities and our world.
Apply to the Victory Congressional Fellowship
Applications for the 2022-2023 Victory Congressional Fellowship are due May 3, 2022. The 2022-2023 Fellowship will start Monday, August 29, 2022 and end Friday, June 30, 2023.
The Victory Congressional Fellowship is open to people of all genders, orientations, abilities, races, and political affiliations.
- Professional resume (one-page)
- Professional bio and headshot
- One letter of recommendation*
- Three short essay responses
- Other important contact and demographic information
You must submit one letter of recommendation that speaks to your leadership and commitment to the LGBTQ community. Please have your recommender email the letter directly to Itay Balely, Domestic Programs Manager, at email@example.com.
- Monthly living stipend totaling $33,000 over one year
- Monthly healthcare reimbursement of $400
- Airfare or other transportation to and from Washington, DC, at the beginning and end of the program
- Complimentary registration and access to Victory Institute’s LGBTQ Leaders Conference in December 2022
- Present at one of Victory’s LGBTQ Leadership Summits
- Participate in one of Victory’s 4-Day Candidate & Campaign Trainings
- Plan and execute a Victory Policy Briefing on Capitol Hill (Spring 2023)
- Networking opportunities at numerous Victory events
- Access to a lifelong national network of Victory alumni
The Victory Congressional Fellowship is open to people of all genders, orientations, abilities, races, and political affiliations. All applicants must meet the following criteria to satisfy the Victory Institute and congressional requirements:
- U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or permit to work in the U.S. (Foreign students with F-1 visas are not eligible)
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree from an accredited educational institution within three years of program start date
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- 21 years of age before the day of arrival in Washington, D.C.
- Active participation in public and/or community service activities