Downtown Baltimore Law Firm Seeks Entry-Level Litigation Assistant (Litigation Case Manager) for busy law firm.
WANT TO GO TO LAW SCHOOL?
WANT TO GET PAID WHILE STUDYING FOR THE LSAT and APPLYING FOR LAW SCHOOL?
WANT TO LEARN WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE A LAWYER?
WANT TO WORK WITH REAL CLIENTS ON REAL CASES?
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE?
(All are welcome to apply — you do not need to have an interest in attending law school)
Can you imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re making a positive difference?
When prospective clients call us for help, they’re often going through an emotionally difficult period. Our Litigation Case Manager provides clients the ultimate client service experience. It requires the right combination of organizational skills, attention to detail, passion for helping others, and a growth mindset.
If that’s you, you’ll play an integral role in creating memorable client experiences.
**IMPORTANT: TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do not apply through this posting or contact information on our website. If you do, you will not be considered and will be disqualified.
TO APPLY: Call us at 410-431-3890 and follow the instructions given.
· Managing a caseload of 100 cases
· Filing of legal documents
· Serving legal process and other litigation-related paperwork
· Corresponding with clients, opposing counsel, the Court, and other interested parties.
· Maintaining attorney calendar and resolving numerous calendar conflicts
· Scheduling litigation events
· Scheduling medical examinations
· Scheduling attorney appointments
· Coordinating client attendance at litigation events
· Coordinating expert witness participation in cases
· Saving and filing electronic filings and correspondence
· Scanning and saving litigation-related mail
· Organizing case files
· Assisting in settlement negotiations
· Assisting in trial preparation
· Shows empathy to clients and puts them at ease during their difficult time
· Treats a call at 4:30pm on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning
· Demonstrates exceptional communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and database entry
· Enjoys and succeeds at multitasking, including handling a multi-line phone system
· Typing 55-60 words per minute
· Plaintiff personal injury experience is a plus
· Working familiarity with case management systems
· Organizing standard operating procedures
Who We Are Looking For:
· Bright, energetic, and eager to learn – quick learner
· Genuinely positive and optimistic person who enjoys working with capable and talented people
· Enjoys your work and wants to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
· Enjoys problem solving
· Attention to Detail – Enjoys setting up process and procedures to ensure quality control
· Career Oriented
· Takes pride in providing exceptional customer service
· Candidates must have a proven track record of being able to multi-task, communicate effectively and meet deliverables
· If you are looking for something easy, then this job may not be the right fit for you
Who Should Apply:
· If you enjoy organizing all day
· If you enjoy attention to detail
· If you enjoy quality control
· If you enjoy solving problems
· If you enjoy helping others solve their problems
· If you like working on more than one problem at a time
· If you like a challenging work environment
· If you enjoy working with a team
· If you enjoy accountability
· If you enjoy showing up to work on time
· If you enjoy working a consistent schedule
· If you enjoy approaching difficult situations with a smile on your face
· If you want to work in a professional environment
· If you enjoy taking ownership of your work
· Competitive Salary (depends upon experience)
· Annual Raise
· Paid Parking
· Retirement Plan – Maximum Matching
· Paid Leave
· Room to Grow: Paid Training and Skill Development Throughout Your Career
Ledyard Law is a personal injury law firm located in downtown Baltimore. Our focus is helping our clients remedy the wrongs done to them by finding justice through civil litigation. At Ledyard Law we mainly deal with motor vehicle accidents, abuse in schools, workers compensation, premises liability, and other personal injury practice areas. We have been listed as Rising Stars in Super Lawyers Magazine from 2015-2019; 2021-2023.