L J Ross Associates is hiring in Jackson, Michigan! As an Account Manager, you will help improve financial outcomes for consumers and our clients. Both entry level and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
You’ve got this if you have…
- A calm head in any environment.
- Solid math, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Accountability, initiative, and a high level of ownership.
- A goal-driven ability to focus on results.
We’ve got you covered with…
- Signing Bonus at 30 Days, 90 Days, 6 Months and 1 Year!
- Commission program: increase your earning potential!
- Well-rounded compensation: $15.00 per hour to start ($16.00 for those fluent in Spanish), 40 hours per week, paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, company provided life insurance, etc.
- Incentives: contests for a wide range of prizes, gift cards, electronics, and more!
- Career opportunities: we love to grow our employees into leaders!
- Remote working opportunities after six months of employment
- A fun workplace culture built on our core values: Integrity, Grit, Service Excellence, Respect, Accountability, Initiative, and Laughter!
For over 28 years, L J Ross Associates has focused on people, priorities, performance and commitment. See how a career with L J Ross can mean a better life for you. Join the L J Ross Associates TEAM!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hours: Full Time, minimum 40 hours per week
Location: On-site – Jackson, MI 49202
Associates Degree; knowledge and understanding of human psychology. Collection experience preferred but not required
Reporting to the Collection Supervisors, the Account Manager is a debt collector and our client’s advocate in all communications with the client’s debtors, banks, insurance carriers, law enforcement agencies, attorneys, and government or quasi-government organizations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate, practice and promote LJRA Core Values of Integrity, Grit, Service Excellence, Respect, Accountability, and Laughter.
· Understand and use applicable sections of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in contacting the debtors
· Proficiency in the use of FACS (collection system software).
· Skip-trace accounts using the provided resources.
· Call debtors requesting payment in full on outstanding debt(s).
· Negotiate payment arrangements with debtors in accordance with established guidelines.
· Promote the use of credit cards, Western Union, check-by-phone and cash as forms of payment.
· Send appropriate collection letter(s) to debtors.
· Update debtor file(s) with current contact information.
· Properly notate the debtor files with all actions taken.
· Assist other account managers as required.
· Advise appropriate supervision as to any inaccuracies in a file data.
· Control all aspects of the collection call.
· Use all electronic devices designed to improve productivity.
· Manage work to meet productivity goals.
· Mandatory overtime may be required as deemed necessary.
· Satisfactorily complete all other duties as assigned.
· Responsible for LJRA’s information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of LJRA’s information assets, including corporate intellectual property and the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) entrusted to L J Ross Associates by its customers and business partners, in accordance with the company’s information security program, policies and procedures as well as applicable regulatory compliance such as ISO 27001, FDCPA, FCRA, HIPAA, TCPA, and PCI.
· A high degree of professionalism
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
· Plan and prioritize work independently and consistently
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Aptitude for public speaking
- Show resourcefulness and initiative.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and personal presentation.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with occasional standing/walking
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
· Basic computer/keyboard and math skills required
· Strong communication and written skills recommended.
· Call center environment; expect increased noise volumes during peak call times.