In workers compensation, Responsiveness Matters. With over 30 years of expertise and 100% focus on workers compensation, Key Risk works with employers to create solutions specific to their needs. With an innovative approach to workers compensation, we create value through the relationships we develop, businesses we support and people we protect.
Employers who partner with Key Risk are provided dedicated risk management expertise and automatic access to workplace safety resources. In the event of an injury, our claims management approach provides employers with efficient claim handling, jurisdictional expertise and industry-leading results.
Our mission is to deliver innovative and responsive workers compensation solutions that provide our clients the freedom to do what they do best.
The Key Risk difference is Our Team. Our associates are our greatest resource and define who and what we are, as well as what we can become. We attract, select and retain people who are experts in their field. We promote the growth and success of each associate through an ongoing commitment to innovation, continuous improvement and education.
Following industry best practices and company guidelines, the Premium Audit Trainee is responsible for the accurate, timely completion of premium audits for assigned accounts, both in a physical and virtual setting, and for providing client support in classification, NCCI/Bureau rules and related areas.
- Timely complete premium audits for assigned accounts and transmit for processing
- Follow all NCCI, State Bureau and Company guidelines in the completion of audits
- Notify internal teams (underwriter, risk manager, Regional Vice President, etc) of concerns with assigned accounts.
- Support Key Risk’s hybrid audit approach, while using best judgement in determining whether to travel for an audit.
- Utilize available technologies such as video calls, screen share and secure portal to enhance client experience
- Research, respond to and revise (when appropriate) disputed audits
- Respond to underwriter, insured and agency partner requests regarding premium audits
- Perform classification research for underwriters, insureds and agency partners for assigned accounts
- Per Company guidelines, provide copies of audit billing and worksheets, ensuring confidentiality of shared audit data
- Daily telephone and email communication with agency partners, insureds and internal team members.
- Advise Premium Audit Manager of trends identified in audits
- Participate in software testing, including current and future audit platforms, policy systems, claims systems and related business intelligence software
- Embrace a culture of Innovation by exhibiting Key Risk’s Innovation Behaviors, and by actively participating in idea submission, experimentation and implementation.
- Professional Development – Develop job skills through Company training and the pursuit of industry designations
- Professional Relationships – Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including insureds, agency partners, NCCI/State Bureau personnel and Key Risk/WRB associates (underwriters, Regional Vice Presidents, auditors, information technology, claims and other WRB companies)
- Client Service Infusion – support CSI program by promoting and upholding 4 key behaviors
- Bachelors Degree 1-2 years of insurnace experience; premium audit experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge. Proficiency in basic formulas, formatting, cell referencing and pivot tables
- High learning agility; ability to quickly adapt to new technology, including audit software, policy systems, claims systems and business intelligence platforms.
- Knowledge of workers compensation class codes and rules
- Understanding of the commercial insurance industry and the life-cycle of the workers compensation policy.
- Ability to handle daily work under minimal supervision and assigned work under specific direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication