The “Law Clerk Mentor/ Volunteer Internship Program” is now in its 15th year. Our volunteer students have gained experience while working in a busy law office, working on NJ State Bar Association projects and dealing with real clients. Students interested in a career in law learn law office procedures, preparing legal correspondence, and assisting clients. This is a live, in person opportunity, not virtual.
Edison Law Office Volunteer Internship Description:
We are assisting the NJ Bar Association & ABA re-write three well received books which help new & young lawyers and lawyers in transitional practice [ex- lost job in recession or law firm closed. We need a volunteer to help editor and do research on the books.
First ABA Books to be updated
“Wills and Estate Administration” American Bar Association2015 90% of the net profits go to the ABA and ABE American Bar Endowment
Estate Planning related:
Work on NJ Bar Association annual Nuts & Bolts of Elder Law & Estate Administration & attend program
– Help with senior citizen and public library programs on Estate Planning
Wills & Probate Law
– Act as Formal Witness to Wills, Power of Attorney, Living Wills and other legal documents
– Prepare a Power of Attorney and Living Will for yourself and area seniors
-Prepare Power of -Attorney and Living Wills for Police and Wills for Heroes
– Update the Elder Law blog with recent cases and laws
Criminal and Municipal Court
– Help organize NJ Bar Association seminar annual Drug & DWI & Serious Municipal Court cases seminar
– Work as Assistant Editor of the New Jersey Municipal Court Law Review, which is distributed, for free to area Police, Judges, Prosecutors and other New Jersey professionals
– -Speak with persons facing charges in Municipal Court including Drug Possession, Drunk Driving, Assault, Driving While Suspended and other criminal and traffic offenses
– Help update ABA book “Criminal Law Forms” American Bar Association 2013 500+ pages
– Assist in NJ Bar Association seminar marketing projects
-Make demands for Discovery on Prosecutor and review police reports
-Watch hearings and learn from experienced trial attorneys
-Acquire skills in Criminal Law and Procedure by active participation
– Update Lists of Prosecutors, Judges and Attorneys for NJ Bar
-Work on NJ State Bar Association seminar programs and books
– Update the ABA blog
– WORK ON MARKETING AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND UPDATE WEBSITE
– Provide courts and police with NJ Municipal Court Law Review
– Revise criminal and traffic law Articles and submit to Law Journals and criminal law websites.
Help revise “Smart Marketing For the Small Firm Lawyer” American Bar Association 2014 156 pages
Fall & Spring selected interns must work 10-20 hours per week for 12 weeks minimum.
Interested students must mail or fax a cover letter and resume. No emails. Information regarding our Law Office plus articles on some of the type of matters students may work on can be found on the Internet website www.njlaws.com.
Interested students must Mail or fax cover letter andresume. Do not email.
Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, PC
2053 Woodbridge Avenue, Edison, NJ 08817
PHONE 732-572-0500 (Fax) 732-572-0030
[1.6 miles from Edison Train station]
The Summer program is for college grads and seniors.
More details at http://www.njlaws.com/intern.html
Volunteer to help low income people charged with criminal and motor vehicle offenses of magnitude. Help people less fortunate than you who are down on their luck. You can work more hours if you want.
Very truly yours,
KENNETH VERCAMMEN, 2001-2020 Metuchen Public Defender
Managing Attorney 732-572-0500