Why Intern with Kaya, Virtually?
Gain real-world skills and build your resume; become a global citizen and learn about another culture; help contribute to a capacity building-project at an organization pushing for positive change. This is a great opportunity to learn transferable virtual and soft skills as you prepare to embark upon your future career!
No matter your major, you can trust that your internship is aligned with Kaya’s mission to promote sustainable social, environmental, and economic development. Additionally, alongside your project placement, you will have the chance to learn all about your host country by engaging in interactive cultural workshops and connecting with a local buddy your age.
You may be able to gain university credit for your virtual internship. We recommend speaking to your academic department to learn more about your options. Many universities offer credit, and may classify our program as an internship, experiential education, a global experience or an academic experience, and here at Kaya we can work with you to meet any specific requirements your university may have.
Your institution may already be affiliated with Kaya to provide these credits, so ask a Kaya advisor for more details first!
We have five locations on offer:
Internships are available across a range of academic areas including, but not limited to:
- Environment and Sustainability
- Graphic Design
- Human Rights
- IT/Website Development
- LGBTQ+ Rights
- NGO Management/Business Development
- Public Health
- Videography/Film Production
- Women’s Empowerment
- & more!
Details and program fees:
See our website for upcoming application deadlines and start dates > https://www.kayavolunteer.com/remote-internships/! We have sessions throughout the year. Program fees are USD $1285 (UK £1090).
INQUIRE OR APPLY HERE:
If you’d like to apply but have some questions, or want to find out more about our offerings, contact a Kaya Placement Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our advisors will get in touch with you to arrange a call.
Apply Here: https://www.kayavolunteer.com/remote-internships-book-now/
Our virtual internships include the following:
- Advising Support from Kaya every step of the way, from the application process on
- An Internship Placement matched to your unique interests and career goals (internship hours/week range from 15-30 in our summer session, to 5-12 in other sessions, to help accommodate student schedules)
- An Orientation to your host organization and placement
- A Cultural Orientation with your Country Site Director
- A Placement Guide outlining details of your host organization and the goals of your placement
- Donations to support the work of your project
- Weekly “face to face” check-ins and feedback sessions with your Project Supervisor
- Weekly “face to face” check-ins and reflection sessions with your Country Site Director
- Weekly live Cultural Workshops with Country Director, with the option of watching a recording of the event at your own convenience (1-2 hours/workshop)
- Local Buddy Chats with locals your age for weekly cultural exchange (with prompts to help facilitate discussion)
- A Discussion Forum to connect you with other interns
- A Work Style Toolkit with interactive culture guides to help you understand your habits and learn to bridge cultural divides
- A Certificate of Completion
- Support pursuing home university credit, where available
- An invitation to Kaya LinkedIn Alumni Group
- A Reentry Toolkit to help guide you to your future career!
- A Future Program Discount of USD $200/GB £150 to help you visit your host country in the future
Learn more about or Virtual International Internships on our website: https://www.kayavolunteer.com/remote-internships/
Contact one of our placement advisors for more information:
Our experienced, friendly advisors can be reached via email at email@example.com. When our advisors are online, we also have a chat function on our website.
Still not sure about the idea of a virtual internship? Hear from our students: