This is a Pro Bono Volunteer position. College Student Program Instructors deliver MIT App Inventor curriculum to middle school girls/kids. JerseySTEM provides Instructors with full training and support to deliver the program. We are recruiting for the Fall 2021 semester. We expect the position to be in person, and for classes to be located in northern New Jersey TBD.
- Participate in 4 hours of training to learn the program material
- Deliver MIT App Inventor curriculum to middle school girls/kids (ages 10-14)
- Be encouraging and supportive of the children’s learning
- Answer student questions, and check-in with JerseySTEM Program Lead for information
- Provide weekly updates to JerseySTEM program lead
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Understand concepts of Block Coding and ability to learn program MIT App Inventor curriculum
- Tutoring experience a plus
- Have a computer, cell phone, and reliable internet access
- Matriculated college/grad student or recent graduate
Weekly Time Commitment
- If you Coach during the school year, it will be once a week, 2 hours/week for 10 weeks.
- If you Coach over the summer, it will be 5-10 hours a week, over a 2-4 week period of time
- Northern New Jersey