Would you like to use your education or experience in Computer Science, Business, Business Process Solutions, Business Analysis, Business Management, or Education to make a lasting impact on the world of missions while developing professionally, personally, and spiritually? We offer well-rounded development, genuine community, and more.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief—and the vision—that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
- We follow Christ’s example of sacrificial servanthood, looking first to the interest of others.
- We strive for excellence – learning and improving together.
- We are not content with the status quo. We question assumptions and seek new approaches while working hand-in-hand with global field partners to identify, design, test, refine, and implement solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training that can be sustained going forward.
We’re looking for adults in their early career stage who have completed an accredited post-secondary degree, value global ministry, and are collaborative.
The Technology Coach Fellow will serve on the broader Technology and Business Solutions team which ensures JAARS has the technology and business processes it needs and the understanding to utilize them for maximum effectiveness. He or she will specifically work with staff members across the organization to train and support them in new technology tools.
Fellows receive the following compensation and benefits:
- $10 an hour
- An eleven-month program featuring structured mentorship and ongoing professional development
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance (if needed)
- Additional benefits:
- Intercultural Communications Course, a course that furthers your interpersonal skills, explains differing worldviews, and deepens your relationship with God.
- Perspectives, a course that explores God’s global purpose
- Life skills training
- Career growth with network of proven professionals
JAARS Fellows will need to live on campus in Waxhaw, NC. The area is a 40 minute drive from Charlotte, NC, and is known as one of the best places to live in North Carolina. With its mild winters, small town main street, and proximity to both urban centers and outdoor recreation, Waxhaw is the place to be.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Professional development opportunities including technology support and developing solutions for business insufficiencies.
- Networking opportunities.
- Develop community.
- Life skills training.
- 10 days PTO.
WHAT SUCCESS AS A FELLOW LOOKS LIKE:
By the end of the eleven-month fellowship, the Technology Coach Fellow will have:
- Collaborated with the Technology and Business Solutions Team to develop solutions for business inefficiencies.
- Trained staff members on the Google suite of tools and other applications.
- Troubleshot staff members’ technology problems.
- Worked on a multi-generational team and developed necessary skills to be both an active listener and contributor on a diverse team.
- Learned applicable life skills.
- Received guidance on next steps and know which step to take toward their professional goals.
Check out more about the Technology Coach Fellow position and apply online at www.jaars.org/fellows.