About IMS: Independence Mission Schools (IMS) educate students of all faiths living throughout Philadelphia. Our inspiring new network of 14 schools blends the best of Catholic education with innovative teaching strategies designed to meet the unique learning needs of all students.
Since our inception in 2012, our enrollment has grown over 20%, our students are outperforming 80% of their neighboring public and charter schools in Reading, and we have received increasing recognition as a network that successfully integrates faith, character, and academics to create warm, energizing schools that are sustainable for students, staff, and community. Ultimately, IMS recognizes that our students are on track to make their own choices in pursuit of college and career opportunities because they are on grade level academically and enrolled in a high-quality high school.
St. Malachy, an Independence Mission School, is seeking a part-time classroom aide who will work under guidance of lead classroom teacher(s) and will assist in classroom instruction, discipline, and other teaching/learning activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to assist classroom teacher in all requested duties related to classroom instruction, classroom preparation, student safety and hygienic needs, lunch, recess, behavior management and other duties as assigned throughout a 10-month school year
- Ability to maintain sensitive, confidential information
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a catholic education and urban environment
- Participation in relevant professional development
- Demonstrated professionalism and responsibility, and a strong work ethic
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- The ability to problem-solve and a sense of humor are preferred
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree, or at least 48 college credits, required; education-related field preferred
- Experience working in a school-setting experience preferred
Other Pertinent Information:
- Classification: Part-Time, 10 months
- Hours: 24 hours per week
EOE: IMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates staff diversity. We strive to be and build a diverse team that is representative of our students and the communities in which we serve. If you identify as an individual of color, we highly encourage you to apply!
APPLY: Interested candidates should submit an application through our hiring portal: https://independencemission.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx . Candidates must submit all requested materials within the hiring portal in order to be selected for interviews.
Want to learn more about IMS and our school locations? Please visit: https://independencemissionschools.org/schools/