At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start and end dates for this internship are during summer 2022. (3 months)Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
As a Client Facing Technical Support Developer intern you will:
• Work in an agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
• Employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
• Own the customer experience by solving complex business problems for the world’s leading clients.
• Work directly with the customer to understand and troubleshoot issues, collect data, elicit detailed requirements, then design and implement innovative solutions across multiple industries and sectors as well as governments and agencies.
Who You Are:
• You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
• You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
• You have basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
AZ – Tucson
CA – Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, San Francisco, San Jose
CT – Southbury
GA – Brookhaven, Sandy Springs
KS – Leawood
MA – Andover, Cambridge, Littleton
MN – Rochester
NY – Armonk, NYC, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
NC – Charlotte, Research Triangle Park
OH – Columbus
PA – Blue Bell, Pittsburgh
TX – Austin, Dallas, Houston
VA – Herndon
VT – Essex Junction
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise