At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a supplemental co-op position for an Application Programmer within the IBM Global Solution Center in Coppell, Texas. The Global Solution Center is a world-class client center where teams of Industry Solution Architects and Specialists bring IBM together to accelerate solutions to help clients innovate and address their most challenging business problems. This person will work with team members and clients to create high quality proofs-of-concept and generate technical sales assets for the progression or close of solution sales opportunities.
- Actualize complex systems of engagement with in-depth product-, technology-, or industry-related specialized skills
- Leverage IBM Cloud Platform as a Service developer platform services for composition and aggregation
- Leverage IBM’s extensive data analytics capabilities, including data science and data management aspects
- Demonstrated application design skills
- Demonstrated application programming skills
- Knowledge of IBM Cloud platform and Red Hat technologies or other cloud environment
- Knowledge of data analytics discipline, including data science, machine learning and data management aspects (e.g., Python, R, SPSS, Hadoop, Apache Spark)
- Knowledge of DevOps and Code repository usage
- Knowledge of current industry trends
- Familiar with Agile techniques
- Strong communication skills, works well in teams, and quickly adapts to new technologies
- This co-op role will work in the Coppell, TX IBM office. You should reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area.
- You must be actively pursuing an Undergraduate technology degree, preferably in Computer Science or related area.
- During the school year, you must be willing to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and up to full-time during school breaks.
- Fluent in English
- IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions, now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future employment-based visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 months’ experience in designing / creating IT solutions
- At least 1 year’s experience in written, verbal and visual communications skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 months’ experience with IBM Cloud platform and Red Hat technologies or other cloud environment
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.