Camp Echo Lake is looking for passionate, experienced climbers & high ropes course instructors. Working as a Ropes Course Instructor, you will work with children, aged from 8 to 16, in leading low ropes (team-building and problem solving) games and initiatives and high ropes/challenge course facilitation. The Ropes Course Instructor is responsible for activity periods for groups of around 15-20 children at a time, assisted by other ropes course staff and 2 or 3 counselors. The Ropes Course Instructor position is perfectly suited to a student or teacher (or similar) who has some ropes, challenge course, or rock climbing interest and/or experience. You would be supported by an experienced Ropes team and an Outdoor Director, who will provide guidance and feedback throughout the summer.
- Responsible for the safety and supervision of all staff, campers, and equipment while at any of our ropes facilities.
- Responsible for creating a safe and fun environment at the ropes courses.
- Assists with the use of all other high ropes activities (including zip lines) as needed.
- Maintains equipment and safety checks associated with ropes activities.
- Support cabin staff when not in the program area.
Every year we are looking for passionate and self-motivated people to fill a variety of positions at Camp from Camper Specialists to Activity Specialists, Waterfront to Outdoor Trek Staff. If you are interested in having the most fun and rewarding summer of your life then this is the job for you.