Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students and young alumni at over 1,000 colleges and universities — including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake — from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity and ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job and kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, and who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply.
You will be growing and developing your skills as an engineer. Our program is tailored around your learning and development. Here are some of the projects you might dig into during your internship:
- Building new features on top of our existing foundation to serve our customer/enterprise user base.
- Working with a Product Team and Designers to build an engaging and viral student experience on both mobile and web for millions of students across the country.
- Working alongside our monetization team to build high-value, robust premium features.
- Scaling out and refactoring existing systems in a services-oriented architecture.
- Building college recruiting tools for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small businesses.
- Speccing, discussing, developing, and deploying large-scale web applications safely and reliably.
- Have deep interest in building high quality web and mobile products.
- You are interested in the ‘Full Stack’ but have passion and knowledge in one, or more areas of the stack.
- You love good design and friendly user-experiences.
- You have a healthy appetite for automation, testing and building robust distributed systems.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
Technologies you’ll work with
- Ruby on Rails
- React, TypeScript, Webpack
- GCP, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Slack, Librato, NewRelic, Bugsnag, and PagerDuty
- Paid Internship: We compensate you for your time.
- Goodies: Hardware and Software provided.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, movie nights, and book clubs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with driven, fun, and kind people who are committed to making a difference!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.