Hallo is the first social live-streaming platform for language learning. Users can watch live videos from native speakers 24/7 and practice speaking English in real-time via video chat. Our vision is to create a digitally immersive experience for learning a language, without having to spend a lot of time and money living in another country. This is important because learning a language requires immersion at both a cultural and social level. We created Hallo to empower people to find more opportunities in life and make dreams come true through language, and we are bringing the fun back to learning and making it the social experience as it was designed to be.
How does it work for streamers/teachers?
Approved teachers can stream any topic related to their brand as long as the overall goal is to help people become more confident and fluent in English. Some streamers teach English through fun games, activities, and quizzes. Others might teach English entirely through a cultural lens, purely through humor or through more formal methods like whiteboards and props. In the end, there is a spectrum and just like an influencer, you will find your style and develop your brand as you refine your skills and get better at what you do. For established influencers that teach English on other social channels like YouTube, Instagram and Facebook, Hallo can be a great way to increase your follower base.
Help others around the world find more opportunities in life and achieve their dreams.
The more followers you have, the better. Make a name for yourself with unlimited potential.
Create your own English academy! Make money through tips, hop-ons, and subscriptions.
How do teachers make money through Hallo?
There are three ways for English teachers to earn money on Hallo:
1) Tips: Students purchase and use Hallo coins to donate and get recognized on live streams. Teachers keep 100% of the coins (one coin=$0.01) they receive.
2) Hop-ons: Teachers choose their own price. Students send a request, and teachers can bring on a student at a time to speak on live streams. Teachers keep 100% of the coins.
3) Subscriptions: Students can pay a $4.99 monthly fee to get access to a specific teacher’s premium channel. The content on these channels is exclusive to paying subscribers. Other features include subscriber only chat rooms during live videos, access to a teacher’s community chat room and private messages, and exclusive Hallo badges. Hallo and teachers share 50-50 after taking care of transaction fees, but until March 2020 teachers will take 80% as an incentive for early adopters. More features will continually be added to improve the Hallo experience.
How to apply
Anyone who wishes to become a streamer goes through a process. It requires hard work, consistency, creativity, problem solving and passion. This is what we look for in the screening process.
The application process is simple:
1) Install the Hallo app and become familiar with it
2) Submit an application through Hallo’s website (https://hallo.tv/teacher)
3) Get accepted and start streaming to earn extra income from home
Part of the application will involve submitting a 1 minute video showing 1. Why Hallo? and 2. how you can help English learners.
1) Give brief and specific examples (Don’t be vague)
2) Be yourself (Our users want authenticity)
3) Have fun, relax and be comfortable
4) Prior English teaching experience, especially overseas, is a plus
5) We value creativity, especially in teaching styles
To protect the integrity of our community as the provider of the service, we at Hallo require that streamers abide by our code of conduct. Please refer to this page for more details: About Code of Conduct.