Actuarial Development Program Internship
As an aspiring actuary, lifelong learning is at the core of your desired profession. With continuous educational and professional changes, Genworth’s Actuarial Internship program is an excellent opportunity for students to explore the actuarial profession while honing the necessary technical and interpersonal skills for the job. Beginning May 2021, our interns spend 12 weeks exercising their talents to solve real-world problems because our financial services and products touch real lives—whether we’re providing support for caregivers, enabling independent living, or helping people achieve home ownership.
Working in a fast-paced, innovative, and change-oriented work environment that could ultimately lead to full-time opportunities
- Building a strong network of peers and mentors
- Attending on-site technical and professional development classes
- Participating in sponsored community service events
- Utilization of advanced Excel techniques and programming
- Opportunity to work with large data sets
- Exposure to actuarial software, including GGY AXIS, MG-ALFA, and PolySystems
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- High aspirations for a career in the actuarial field
- Strong mathematical background
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communications
- Minimum or better 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Scheduled or have taken and passed one actuarial exam
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time. We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.