Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta (some remote work days available) and run from May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022. The Accounting Intern will work in our U.S. Automotive Group subsidiary to provide support to our accounting team on various process improvement projects.
Some things you might be doing:
- Fixed assets – CIP reviews and reconciliation, asset setup
- Setup and amortization of prepaid assets, tracking, and quarterly reporting
- Preparation of journal entries
- Reviewing and processing accounts payable items
- Preparation of Blackline account reconciliations
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, seeking a degree in Accounting. Rising juniors and seniors preferred.
- Excel skills including v-lookup, pivot tables, and macros
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives