There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In the age of the digital consumer, Global Aftersales is vying to deliver the best automotive user experience, tackling one of the world’s most sophisticated supply chains and exceeding all service expectations. We are responsible for the conception, marketing, sale, and delivery of all automotive replacement parts worldwide for both GM and non-GM vehicles – and we’re the only business unit that supports the vehicle cradle to grave. Looking ahead, we plan to use a century of technical expertise to redefine the industry and introduce the next level of customer service in vehicle ownership.
Our Global Sales Service & Marketing (SSM) Internship program capitalizes on the strength of university talent and provides students a dynamic opportunity to apply their classroom learnings to scale. We’re seeking smart, curious, and bold individuals with a passion to usher in the age of eCommerce and the digital consumer experience. We want you to live the General Motors culture and behaviors and make an impact to our organization that will last well beyond the 10 -12 week experience.
Our SSM interns will tackle the challenge of providing multi-channel engagements, incorporating innovative technologies to meet the growing demands of the savvy digital consumer, and partnering with dealerships across the country to deliver a seamless buyer experience. With a continuous focus on optimizing our customer interface, interns will help us in developing a new approach to sales in the age of digital media.
Interns will have a multitude of responsibilities such as:
- Develop and execute marketing programs that improve Customer Service Retention
- Prepare and present Customer Relationship Management (CRM) marketing proposals to business channel and sales leadership
- Ensure successful marketing program execution and timely post-program metrics
- Communicate across wholesale and retail organization to maximize dealer enrollments and sales field engagement
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions for pricing, fit, form and function
- Review and meet sales objectives through building business in the dealer service lane
- Educate, train and assist dealers in implementing processes for customer retention initiatives
- Work with dealers to improve profitability through marketing, merchandising and fixed operations consulting
- Educating customers on new technology and features while also resolving customer questions or concerns about technology features
- Providing feedback to engineering teams for continuous technology improvement
- Act as liaison between Vehicle Sales Service Marketing, OnStar and other GM teams in areas of Customer Relationship Management
- Obtain, analyze, and report on automotive specific and overall industry syndicated research
- CCA locations are Grand Blanc and Warren, Michigan
Additional Job Description
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Automotive Technology, Sales Engineering, Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Data Analytics, Information Technology or eCommerce
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- High aptitude for data analysis
- Demonstrates leadership in the field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Prior internship experience in the field
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- Understanding and/or experience with digital marketing, eCommerce, content marketing, omnichannel marketing, augmented reality, artificial intelligence/machine learning in predicting consumer preferences, and chatbot development
- Interest in both sales operations and marketing
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Housing Assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.