There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GM Center of Excellence Enterprise Integration team drives development of quality core enterprise assets that are the foundation for advanced analytical tools to help GM meet enterprise objectives. Projects support improving profit through data-driven decisions aligned with customer priorities. Specific focus areas include customer interactions, contacts & behaviors with all GM products. This activity employs a strong team with experience in data discovery, data integration, data quality and governance.
To build our team, we seek individuals proficient in the analysis and optimization of complex integrated data sets. Skills and related tool expertise are needed in data analysis, optimization, and data collection and processing. In addition, this position requires creative problem solving, multi-functional interfacing, teamwork, project management, creating and giving effective presentations to diverse groups, and adapting quickly to new work areas. As part of the Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO), Data COE uses data & tools to aid in crafting data products that support decision-making in multiple areas of the business for example,
- Dealer integrated assets to support the 360 degree view of the customer.
Additional Job Description
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, Decision Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Sophomore status or higher
- Skilled in Big data, data management & integration tools, Excel and Microsoft office products
- Able to work full-time, 40 hours per week
Research or experience in data analysis where problems are poorly defined, complex and cross functional and possess uncertainties, multiple objectives and decisions with broad trade-offs.
- Detail oriented and able to deliver high quality results under tight project deadlines.
- Quickly learns and adapts skills to work on various projects in and with different technical and functional areas
- Willingness and ability to contribute on multiple levels including data processing, project management, and documentation.
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities and/or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
Housing assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.