Make an impact while jump-starting your management career at GEICO! If you are interested in a fast-track development program that will utilize your degree and enhance your leadership ability within a multi-billion dollar company, our Emerging Leaders Program may be just what you are looking for.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an Emerging Leader in the business operations track, you will have opportunities to make real contributions to GEICO’s bottom line. You’ll work one-on-one with a mentor and interact with senior executives. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of our industry-leading company and support your professional development while you gain hands-on leadership experience. Throughout your program, you will experience various aspects of our operations including sales, customer service, claims, underwriting, and strategic planning. A typical day will depend on the discipline in which you are currently working.
To learn the positions you may one day manage, each rotation will teach you something new. Sales will show you what it takes to sell a GEICO policy and you will produce rate quotes and sell products after completing training and obtaining your insurance license. Customer Service will teach you how we keep millions of policyholders satisfied and what makes our service associates remarkable. During the claims rotation, you will learn to investigate minor and major accidents, identify fraud, and manage risk. Each rotation includes a chance to job shadow, develop your coaching and supervisory skills, and work on special projects.
When you successfully finish your program, you’ll be ready for a future with enormous potential! Our goal is to place you in a position of significant responsibility within our business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (finance, accounting, math, risk management, management, etc.)
- 3.5+ cumulative undergraduate GPA; you will be required to provide undergraduate transcripts with GPA to be considered for this position
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience and desire to manage others
- You must move to and work from one of the following locations: Woodbury, NY; Buffalo, NY; Fredericksburg, VA; Virginia Beach, VA; Macon, GA; Lakeland, FL; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Tucson, AZ; Indianapolis, IN; or San Diego, CA.
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in one of our regional offices.