Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations & Foreign Affairs
Broadly, to ensure effective communication about the issues and directives of the FPAA with government officials, other U.S. associations, the media and Members of the FPAA. To establish and maintain relationships with the media, members, and U.S. associations to communicate key issues, promote FPAA actions and positions, and improve the legislative environment for Mexican produce. To work with FPAA leadership to develop messaging and communication plans. To develop educational seminars. To maintain a broad and effective electronic messaging presence and coordinate printed materials for the FPAA.
Summary of Essential Job functions
· Interview FPAA staff and Members to write weekly newsletters to FPAA Members; Coordinate distribution of newsletters.
· Analyze the current FPAA newsletter and communication platforms and develop strategies to improve upon these systems.
· Send urgent updates and notices to members as needed
· Work with senior staff to assist in crisis management communications for industry
· Develop a press release calendar and write press releases targeting trade press, elected officials and mainstream media outlets where necessary
· Speak with reporters requesting information, when applicable refer reporters to FPAA staff and Member subject matter experts
· Solicit, compile and distribute member feedback, including via SurveyMonkey.
· Develop and execute regular and relevant electronic messaging on twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other media as appropriate
· Regularly and frequently update content of FPAA Web sites
· Prepare FPAA written correspondence as needed
· Coordinate trips for industry trade press and mainstream media to Mexico
· Compile content for FPAA Annual Corporate Report, lay out publication and coordinate production and printing. Includes working with staff to identify content for pages, working with a third-party designer and printer, and having printer mail copies to members.
· Update and maintain FPAA’s printed Member Directory.
· Update and maintain FPAA’s board of director’s profiles including updated photographs
· Maintain FPAA’s “What Have we Done for You Lately” report
· With guidance of FPAA President, write annual membership dues letter
· Coordinate marketing material design & development
· Coordinate convention material design & development
· Coordinate Ad design
· Web site and social media page design
· Work with programmer on major Web enhancements and/or changes
· Develop and promote educational series and workshops for members and potential members.
· Work with Membership Programs Coordinator to develop ongoing curriculum of educational opportunities.
· Market educational opportunities to members.
· Administer and organize Leadership programs.
· Work with FPAA staff and lobbyists, as needed, on various FPAA issues
· Attend meetings in Washington DC, Phoenix and Mexico City as needed
· Identify key U.S. and Mexican officials and industry stakeholders who are integral to FPAA’s advocacy efforts
· Participate on industry-wide committees and councils as needed
· Along with senior staff, organize FPAA meetings with political figures and regulatory agencies, ensuring a good turnout of FPAA Members and other stakeholders.
· Participate and promote trade shows and meetings as needed.
· Assist FPAA Members with requests for information, crisis management.
· Assistance in writing press releases, and other activities
· Maintain FPAA Membership lists/emails.
AUXILIARY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Assist in Organizing Meetings
· Attend community outreach events like warehouse tours, non-profit meetings, etc.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.