- Identify, analyze and resolve title and survey issues for properties nationwide by reviewing title commitments, title proformas and underlying title documents.
- Draft title objection letters and closing documents.
- Lease review and abstracting of all types of commercial leases, including industrial, office, retail and subleases and ground leases.
- Prepare, review, and analyze subordination, non-disturbance agreements and estoppel certificates.
- Draft deeds, assignments, affidavits, easement agreements and supplemental closing documents.
- Handle all aspects of condominium and cooperative purchases, sales and transfers, including review of contracts and transfer requirements and working with managing agents..
- Perform due diligence in respect of condominium and cooperative transfers.
- Prepare transfer tax returns.
- Manage and organize transactions involving multiple properties, and manage large deal files.
- Manage commercial loan process from inception to close, including preparation of mortgages, CEMAs, notes and assignments of leases and rents.
- Compare legal descriptions and complete due diligence review.
- Create and circulate closing checklists for purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements and lender requirements.
- Draft corporate documents including incumbency certificates, Member consents, LLC Certificates -Assist attorneys draft contracts, leases and amendments.
- Manage closing teams and organize large deal closing binders.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong business acumen including excellent written and verbal communication skills, people management skills, strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency using NYC ACRIS, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), database and presentation software.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate with ten (10) or more years of comparable work experience required.
- Ability to multitask using analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility regarding client and legal team requests.
- Achieve high level of productivity.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
We are not accepting resumes from search firms at this time.
Fox Rothschild LLP is an EEOC Employer