First Mode draws on the exceptional talent and creativity of its multidisciplinary team to solve the toughest problems on and off the planet. We help companies, governments, and individuals from the earliest stages of problem definition to prototype creation and demonstration. A continual desire to discover and invent has led our team to drill into the unknown surface of Mars, electrify large industrial equipment, and apply remote sensing technologies to water conservation.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk to you.
Applicants should expect a hands-on, intense, and dynamic work environment. Previous work experience, research, and/or student team project(s) related to your field of study is strongly desired. First Mode provides a unique and intimate workplace where you will work alongside our experienced staff. Co-ops will have an immediate impact on product development and the fulfillment of primary company objectives.
We need students who possess some the following:
- Completion and demonstrated competency in relevant introductory coursework within your discipline
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the core technologies of your discipline
- Experience with setup, modification, and maintenance of laboratory facilities appropriate to your field
- Experience with experiment definition, data acquisition, and data reduction using custom codes or analytical software
- Significant experience in applied multidisciplinary projects from conception through completion
- Excellent technical writing skills, with one or more published papers in your field of study
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and teaming skills
- Ability to perform well in a hands-on environment of fluid requirements and rapid turnaround
Fields of study that provide the training we desire include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Mechanical Engineering
- This position will be located at First Mode’s HQ in Seattle, Washington. With regards to the current pandemic, working remote will be decided as we get closer to the start of 2021.
- Applicants must be eligible for employment within the United States of America.
Apply or ask a question: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Job 402” in the subject line.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.