Federal Reserve Summer 2021 Technical Internship
Location: Richmond, VA
Grow Your Career at the Richmond Fed!
At the Richmond Fed, we’re driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities.
We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
National IT is now hiring for our 2021 Summer Intern Program.
The Summer Internship Program provides outstanding students with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience at a unique institution. Through advanced project work assignments and professional development activities, interns are provided with an extensive understanding of the work of the Federal Reserve. Interns will be given the opportunity to enhance their business skills through critical financial analysis, formal presentations, research and writing. In addition to specific business area tasks, you will receive targeted leadership training, mentorship and exclusive networking opportunities.
What You Will Do:
- Utilizes established methods and tools to perform moderately complex analyses of business issues
- Works with clients and other resources to assess current capabilities, identify customer needs and assist in recommendation process improvements
- Provides support in gathering, analyzing and compiling information from end-users and stakeholders to ensure processes, software and/or applications meet business requirements
- Contributes to process improvement and solution discussions, may present outcomes to management
- May participate in cross-functional team initiatives, process improvement and/or technology-based projects
- Escalates non-routine or unusual problems to higher level support staff as appropriate
- Current sophomores and juniors
- 3.0+ overall GPA
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with a STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering, or Math) focused curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Creative thinker who embraces change
- Strong project management skills, including organization, planning, and execution, analytical and problem solving skills
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The hourly rate for summer interns is $19/hour.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status is required.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.