Department of Homeland Security – Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Announcement Number: FEMA-20-DC-406480-RG
Location: Emmitsburg, MD – Must be able to report to duty location
Opens 1/7/2021 Closes 1/26/2021 or when 100 applications have been received.
How to Apply: Must apply through USAJobs ttps://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588523200
Who can apply: Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or qualified certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Type of Internship: Recent Graduate – This is an Excepted Service appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate program, after successfully completing the 1 year program requirements the position is eligible for conversion to competitive service without further competition.
Pathways Recent Graduate Program Eligibility: To be eligible for the Pathways Internship Program, you MUST:
- You must have completed, within the last two years (from the closing date of this announcement), a qualifying associate, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from an accredited educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have up to six years after the date their degree was completed to apply.
- You must provide a copy of all your transcripts; official or unofficial are both acceptable. Transcripts must have your name, institution name and information, and the date your degree was conferred or awarded and the date.
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Promotion Potential: GS-11
Summary: The ideal candidate for this position will have outstanding organizational skills, be flexible and creative, and be comfortable working in a team-based environment. This position starts at a salary of $49,157 (GS-07), $60,129 (GS-09), with promotion potential to $72,750 (GS-11 grade level). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the US Fire Administration team within FEMA!
Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating tasks or projects
- Conducting research
- Creating web-based and multimedia content
- Using technology-based learning management systems
- Using web-based courseware and collaboration tools
Qualifications: You qualify for this position at the GS-07 level (starting salary $49,157) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-05) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Coordinating tasks and/or projects
- OR One full academic year of graduate Graduate level Education with a Major study in education or subject area related to the position.
- OR Bachelor’s degree with Superior Academic Achievement.
- OR Combination of education and experience.
You qualify for this position at the GS-09 level (starting salary $60,129) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-07) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Utilizing technology-based learning management systems.
- Creating web-based and multimedia content or aids using web-based courseware and collaboration tools.
- OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education with a major study in education or subject area related to the position, leading to such a degree.
- OR LL.B. or J.D., if related.
- OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
- OR Combination of education and experience.
Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) Provision: Grade-point average (GPA) — Applicants must have a GPA of (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 (“B” or better) as recorded on their official transcripts, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final two (2) years of the curriculum; or (b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 (“B+” or better)based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or required courses in the major field completed during the final two (2) years of the curriculum.
Please review the “Required Documents” section of the job announcement. Submission of all transcripts (official or unofficial) are required to be considered.