The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) is now accepting résumés for a bachelor or graduate level intern for the 2021 school year. The Video Editing Intern will be a member of CSB’s Communications team. By working with us in this position, you’ll have the chance to solve problems, develop your career, and make a difference. This position is supervised by our Director of Communications.
This is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 10-15 hours. Schedule to be set on an individual basis depending on the schedule of the intern and the needs of the team. Work availability should be included in application process. This position requires a high level of empathy, sensitivity, and attention to the diverse needs of the people served by the CSB.
This internship is unpaid.
- Collaborate closely with the communications team to support business goals through video development and photography
- Lead the end-to-end video process, from conceptualization to storyboarding, filming, and final editing
- Create videos ranging in length from very short clips (less than 1 minute) to longer videos
- Develop videos on a variety of creative topics, from company culture to software innovation
- Prepare final videos for various platforms (social media, website, etc.)
- Strong interest in brand storytelling — it’s a bonus if you are familiar with how brands are using photography and video to tell stories and engage with audiences
Skills and Qualifications
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build appropriate rapport; build constructive and effective relationships; use diplomacy and tact
- Organizational Skills: Organizes for maximum efficiency; ability to use intuition, education, and life experience to assist the team
- Writing Skills: Solid reporting and journalism skills; Meticulously and thoroughly able to gather facts and information; strong written skills in transferring interviews/notes to narrative formats
- Results/Outcome Oriented: Motivated by results; able to multitask; demonstrates initiative and the ability to be flexible and creative; expected to meet and exceed goals
- Team Player: Ability to work well with a diverse staff
- Video Editing Experience: Able to complete post-production work including: assembling raw footage, research and assist in script-writing, video cutting and editing, music selection, delivery of rough and final products
- Must pass all background checks and complete all trainings.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel throughout Fairfax County.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Intern should currently be pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
- Basic familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of film editing software preferred.
E-mail résumé with cover letter to Evette Watson via email at email@example.com